BECi Scholarship Program
To read about the most recent group of scholarship winners, click here.
High School seniors and full-time college students are eligible to win a scholarship.
Scholarship Program Eligibility Requirements
The requirements are as follows:
1. Applicant must be a BECi member or a child or a legal ward of a BECi member who has been a member in good standing for at least 12 consecutive months as of March 1, 2017. Only one scholarship will be awarded per membership per family per year.
2. A student can only receive the BECi scholarship one time. It is not renewable. The term of the scholarship will be for one contiguous academic year beginning with the fall semester or quarter.
3. The scholarship monies can be used by students to attend, on a full-time basis, any Louisiana accredited institution of higher education. List of schools here.
4. A first-time college student applying for the BECi scholarship must have been graduated from high school with at least a 2.0 average (on a 4.0 scale).
5. A continuing college student seeking the scholarship must have achieved a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) on all prior college work.
6. The scholarship funds will be paid to the recipients at the beginning of each semester(or quarter) upon presentation of an official receipt for the payment of full-timetuition. To receive the next semester (or quarter) payment, in addition to a tuitionreceipt a student will have to provide evidence that he or she successfully completed the previous semester or quarter (on a full time basis) with a grade point average of at least 2.0 (on a scale of 4.0.)
7. Recipients will be chosen at a random drawing at the BECi annual meeting held March 25, 2017.
8. Person’s whose names are drawn will be required to provide BECi with an official transcript verifying their eligibility within 30 days after the close of the school year.
9. Each scholarship awarded shall be for a total of $1,500, payable in two (semesters) or three (quarters) installments.
10. Applicant or their sponsoring member need not be present to win.
11. Only one application will be accepted per student.
12. Application must be postmarked by Friday, March 3, 2017.
To fill out your application online, click here.
Applications are currently closed. Please check back in December.