BECi Scholarship Program
High School seniors and full-time college students are eligible to win a scholarship. Deadline to apply is March 6, 2020.
Scholarship Program Eligibility Requirements
The requirements are as follows:
1. Applicant must be a BECi member or a child or a legal ward of a BECi member who has been a member in good standing for at least 12 consecutive months as of March 1, 2020. Only one scholarship will be awarded per membership per family per year.
2. A student can only receive the BECi scholarship one time. It is not renewable. The term of the scholarship will be for one continuous academic year beginning with the fall semester or quarter.
3. The scholarship monies can be used by students to attend, on a full-time basis, any Louisiana accredited institution of higher education. List of schools here.
4. A first-time college student applying for the BECi scholarship must have graduated from high school with at least a 2.0 average (on a 4.0 scale).
5. A continuing college student seeking the scholarship must have achieved a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) on all prior college work.
6. The scholarship funds will be paid to the recipients at the beginning of each semester(or quarter) upon presentation of an official receipt for the payment of full-time tuition. To receive the next semester (or quarter) payment, in addition to a tuition receipt a student will have to provide evidence that he or she successfully completed the previous semester or quarter (on a full-time basis) with a grade point average of at least 2.0 (on a scale of 4.0.)
7. Recipients will be chosen at a random drawing at the BECi Annual Membership Meeting held March 28, 2020.
8. Person’s whose names are drawn will be required to provide BECi with an official transcript verifying their eligibility within 30 days after the close of the school year.
9. Each scholarship awarded shall be for a total of $1,500, payable in two (semesters) or three (quarters) installments.
10. The applicant or their sponsoring member need not be present to win.
11. Only one application will be accepted per student.
12. The application must be postmarked by Friday, March 6, 2020.